You’ll never guess what…

I ended up being ill again!

That’s right… After one of my last posts about just about being recovered from a sinus headache and a long week of on and off, up and down flu like symptoms… I was completely better for like a day or two and then…

(I’ll try not to go into too much detail)

I started feeling a bit nauseous and lack of appetite in the afternoon which lasted throughout the evening. I ordered in food so the kids could eat and I needed to eat but when the food came the smell alone instantly made me go off it and I felt I would be sick!

I told the kids I was going to go lay down in bed and for them to eat what they can and to come down to see me when they have finished. I called my friend while I was in bed feeling extremely more worse as the minutes went on…

I’m the type of person that doesn’t want to be alone when I am ill. I want to be looked after and cuddled and told I have someone there for me etc… But considering I haven’t got that at the moment a phone call would have to do.

Being a single parent with no support is really hard especially when you struggle to function and you are ill I find. Normally I would call my mum and she would come round and see us and get what I needed and couldn’t physically get myself…

Things are very different these days… I’ll explain that on another post.

Anyway… The kids came down and told me they saved me some food for me in case I changed my mind. (Such sweet kids when they want to be – my heart swells at this)

They got themselves ready for bed, said goodnight and off to sleep as quick as anything! They aren’t always so cooperative but I was very thankful they were while I felt so grim.

I was talking to my friend on the phone for a couple hours while I rolled about whining about how bad I felt as well as trying to distract myself with other things to talk about… My friend has a comforting voice to me so that helped me I think.

When we came off the phone so I could try to get some sleep I was not in a good way at all. I tossed and turned about painfully. My body hurt all over when I moved and I had pain running along my arms and legs and ribs and back.

Everything felt like it was spinning and my eyes weren’t even open! I felt it getting harder to breath but wasn’t sure if it was due to me panicking because I felt I would be sick. (I have a bit of a phobia of throwing up remember!)

I tried willing myself to not be sick as well as to just fall sleep so I wont be able to feel what I was feeling and get over what ever this was…

Just then…

My daughter wakes up being sick which then makes me lose it myself… It wasn’t a good night.

The next morning I couldn’t move. My body was so stiff and painful. It ached all over but in a way I could only describe as having my veins being pulled through my body. No way that day was going to go to plan.

I had to call my sons school and explain he wouldn’t be able to make it to school as I couldn’t get him there due to being ill and couldn’t move and I have no one else to help me get him there.

I had to call my college to tell them I wouldn’t be able to come in due to being sick the night before – I wouldn’t be allowed in the kitchen for at least 48 hours from being sick.

I also had to call my daughters nursery and explain that she also was sick the night before – she wouldn’t be allowed back in nursery til 48 hours from being sick either.

Then it was time to call the doctors surgery… I called 20 times as it said on my call history… Every time I called it wouldn’t ring but just pop up with the word busy with that annoying *beep beep* busy tone, then the call ended on it’s own.

I decided to call the 111 service as I needed to speak to someone about how I was feeling and I couldn’t get through to my doctor surgery.

I spoke to someone and gave them my symptoms and information she put me on hold for another doctor for a second opinion but the call got disconnected! The doctor called me straight back and after repeating everything again I was told I would have to try to get through to the doctor surgery as a doctor would need to see me within 6 hours as my symptoms were concerning!

I tried again with the doctors surgery and finally got through. I explained to the receptionist and they told me I wouldn’t be ab;e to see a doctor but a doctor will call me at some point in the day…. I wasn’t impressed but I agreed to it.

3 hours later and a doctor called me and after repeating everything again I was told to come to see the doctor…


The appointment was in 20 minutes time and in a doctors surgery near my sons school (which is a 20 minute walk on a good paced day) not the doctor surgery which is right next to our flat 3 minutes away…

Even though I explained I was having trouble moving… I had to get me and the kids ready then try and get ourselves there and in my state…

Just as we walk out of the block and past the park outside ours I turn round to see my daughter is way behind us walking at a snails pace… I try to explain we need to hurry but she is having none of it and decides now is the times to be defiant and have a tantrum shouting no at me and stomping her feet…. Geez!

I then have to turn us back round and go home to put her in the pushchair because I just can’t be dealing with this today!

By the time we get to the doctors surgery we are 10 minutes late and I explain I didn’t get long to get to the appointment since it was last minute and I live by the other surgery and I’m not well and thankfully the receptionist is fine with it and is even sympathetic.

Well turns out both me and my daughter were diagnosed with gastroenteritis and gastritis those nasty gastro tummy bugs! Although my daughter was only sick randomly once a day in 3 days she was fine before and after being sick where as I seem to have suffered the worst of it!

My now friend ‘M’ Remember him? He’s from my college class and he came with us to that dinner event that I posted about well he popped round after his shift at work and bought me some lemonade to help keep me hydrated which was really nice of him 🙂 more on him on another post as well.

Of course I am glad she wasn’t suffering I just wished I wasn’t suffering myself!

I felt awful for days on and off but I did manage to go to that Hotelympia hospitality showcase event. More on that on another post. This week has been better in terms of my health but I seem to be quite drained of energy a lot more than I remember.

Anyway hopefully I can now get on with the rest of my posts that I am now behind on yet again!

Thanks for reading 🙂

x Emz x


Author: Emz

I'm a 28, ambitious full time mum of two amazing and funny children. I try to live a happy simple life but of course there can be drama even if do try to avoid it. A lot does go on with Family and friends and I try to blog as often as I can because this is a good way for me to write what I'm thinking, feeling and helps me remember things that go on and writing it down on a piece of paper doesn't do myself any justice I need to be honest with myself and if blogging is the way forward for me then so bit it. If you happen to come across my blog and actually like and follow it thank you very much. :D I have had to make strong and hard decisions in my life and I have come out stronger and wiser every time. I'm shy, opinionated and can be socially awkward at times but I am trying to build up my confidence and I just want to share with you my life story if you are willing to listen and I am only too happy to do the same for anyone else who wants me to know :) I try to be as honest, open and kind as I can in life. - My aim is to Blog every day whether I am able to keep up with that well we shall see :)

One thought on “You’ll never guess what…”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s